Feathers of My Nest

A celebration of every day beauty through my camera lens.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Letters to my children- March 2015



This is the second installment of a new blog circle I'm participating in this year called “letters to my children”.  I’m excited to be participating in this project with a group of very talented photographers who come together in celebration of our shared passion for capturing the beauty of every day life with our children through photos and words.  This month I'm focusing on my daughter Sarah.  Hope you enjoy the post.  Follow the link at the bottom of the page to continue to the next blog in our circle.

Sweet Sarah,
 
I love the way you see the world.  You see beauty and promise in everything around you.  And you are never more a home than when you are outside exploring.  You see value in all of creatures, even those that the rest of us run from.  On our recent camping trip, several wasps were lingering around the porch as we were heading in from roasting marshmallows over the fire.  You came to me in tears because you were worried they were going be squashed when "all they were doing was looking for something sweet to eat."  When mosquito hawks end up in the house, you treat them as a treasure that you capture and hold carefully and then release back outside.  You often capture and study lizards and other creatures in the yard.  You are a collector of sea shells and rocks.  And you love to search for and plant new specimens in your corner of the garden.  You are a fearless explorer and you are always up for an adventure.  I love that you are so confident and that you are not afraid to try and experience new things.  You reach for the stars and dream without boundaries.  I'm so blessed to get to come along with you as you spread your wings and find your own path.  You are destined for great things sweet girl.  I'm so lucky to be your mom.

Loving you always,

Mom

Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to head on over to my friend Sara Gordon's blog to see what she has to share this month. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet letter and beautiful picture to go with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful letter and I love the capture of your daughter in the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet letter! Your daughter will treasure this always I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete