Feathers of My Nest

A celebration of every day beauty through my camera lens.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Gratitude Circle- Month One

This year, I'm taking part in a monthly blog circle focusing on gratitude--we're calling it "The Gratitude Circle."  I'm so blessed to be part of this supportive group of women who share a love of photography. They have some amazing talent.  I love this topic because, for me, photography truly is an exercise in gratitude.  It feels incredible to look through the lens of my camera and have the power to capture the incredible moments that make up every day life. With my camera in hand, I slow down to really see and appreciate the little things and the beautiful moments that are happening all around me.  And when I take those images and incorporate them into my memory keeping projects they focus me on all of the good stuff.  They help me to remember that there is so much to be grateful for--so many moments I cherish.  Here are a few of those moments from the past month.  Hope you enjoy!    
 


 
We found this beauty in the horse barn at the stock show.  She was so gentle and calm and almost magical.  Love this moment. 

 
As we headed home one afternoon, Cooper called out from the backseat, "Can we go across the angel bridge?  You know the one with the angel wings on the sides?"  Well, here it is.  The Angel Bridge.  I snapped this picture as we headed across.  My heart swells with gratitude and love for my sweet Cooper every time I see it--I love getting to see the world through his eyes. 

 
When I look around at the colors and textures that make up the world around, I have no doubt in my mind that God was an artist. 


When we are out as a family, I love to fall back and take in the view.  I am so grateful for days when we take time as a family to wander.  

 
One of the best things about open house at school is reading what Sarah has written in her daily news.  I am so grateful to have this special girl in my life!  On this day, she wrote about our early morning breakfast together and ended with, "I really liked it cause it was extra time with my mom." I am so blessed to be her mom. 
 
Thank you for letting me share a few moments of gratitude.  Please follow the circle around to see what my dear friend Toni Burks has to share! 


No comments:

Post a Comment