Feathers of My Nest

A celebration of every day beauty through my camera lens.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Letters to my children- February 2015

This is the first installment of a new blog circle I'm participating in this year called “letters to my children”.  I’m excited to be participating in this project with a group of very talented photographers who come together in celebration of our shared passion for capturing the beauty of every day life with our children through photos and words.  This month I'm focusing on my son Cooper as we are preparing to celebrate his 5th birthday.  Hope you enjoy the post.  Follow the link at the bottom of the page to continue to the next blog in our circle.
My Sweet Cooper,

You are 5 this month.
You are a really awesome kid.
You are sweet, smart, kind, and full of big ideas. 
You are feet on the tile each morning as you hurry down the hall to my room and climb up to snuggle with me in the bed. 
You are vanilla milk and tickles.
You are laughter that fills my heart with so much happiness.
You are my kitchen helper--the runner of my mixer, the egg scrambler, and my taster.
You are your sissy's best friend.
You are a friend to everyone. 
You are the builder of great structures that cover the entire living room floor.
You are a lover of car washes--how they work and how they are built.
You are a collector of flashlights and stuffed animals.
You are afraid of the dark.
You are strong.
You are fearless and fast on your bike.
You are butterfly kisses and sweet hugs before school.
You are confident and sensitive.
You are irresistible. 

I am so lucky to be your mom.  I love you sweet boy.




Head over to Julie Harding Photography to see some amazing photos and continue the circle.  Thanks for looking!



       

 




 

4 comments:

  1. Awww...what a cute little guy! My two are 5 too. It's a great age! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a handsome little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've attempted many times to comment, so here goes my last... ;)

    My oldest boy is about to turn 5! Actually, his bday is tomorrow!!! So, today's his last day as a four year old, but he sounds a lot like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I know Cooper a lot better. I know he's loved as does he. Beautiful captures of your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete