Feathers of My Nest

A celebration of every day beauty through my camera lens.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My collections

Over the years, I have collected a lot of craft supplies.  Some I've used, some--well, not so much.  But, these days I'm more sure of my own personal style and I have a better idea of what I will use.  One thing I know won't go to waste in my craft studio is letter stickers.  I have an extensive collection of all types in my studio.  I could have 30 plus different sets of alphabet stickers--but who's counting right?  I have chip board, glitter, rub-ons, big, and little alphabet stickers.  The thing is, I use these all the time.  I keep a pretty good selection right on my desk. I use them in my Project Life album to add interest here and there, and I love to use them to create larger spreads when I have time. 


So, while I have generally cut back on collecting things I don't have an immediate need or use for, I don't feel guilty about keeping a collection of letter stickers.  Having them readily available allows me to walk into my studio late at night or early on a weekend morning and have just what I need to finish a project--without going to the craft store. And, I do USE them.  While sometimes I have fallen into the trap of just keeping (okay- hoarding) my favorite craft items until the "perfect" project comes along, having a large collection of embellishments like these letter stickers has freed me of that.  I now give myself permission to go ahead and use all of the letter "e" on a single project if that is necessary.  Here is a recent project I completed using just what I had on hand:






I loved combining a large photo from our recent vacation with a list of all things we want to do this summer.  And, of course, this was a great way to use all of those great letter stickers.  Note, where I did not have enough letters, I just filled in with handwritten letters.  I was really happy with how it turned out. 

Head into your own "studio" and find a way to use some of those treasures you've been collecting!  Once you do, I hope you'll find that you are better able to embrace your own tendency to collect the items you love using best and just OWN it.  That's what craft store sales and coupons are for!


No comments:

Post a Comment