Feathers of My Nest

A celebration of every day beauty through my camera lens.

Friday, May 9, 2014

A letter to my children on Mother's Day

As Mother's Day approaches, I always find myself reminiscing about Sarah and Cooper and all of the things I love about being their mom.  I want to them to always know how I felt about them and how much I have truly enjoyed being a mother to them.  To record this, I've sat down over the past few years to write them a letter.  Sometimes I write in a journal, this year I've made a simple scrapbook page to add to our Project Life album.  Here is what I wrote.  I hope you are inspired to find a way to record your own story. 

 

Sarah and Cooper,
To me, you are magical.  Being your mom is the best thing that ever happened to me and it far outshines everything else in my life.  From my own experience, I know you won’t really understand how much I love you until you are parents yourselves.  But, I’m writing this letter to you on Mother’s Day because, for me, this day is really about stopping to think about and express how grateful I am to have been blessed by having both of you in my life.  There will never be enough words for me to explain all that I feel or to share with you all of the hope and joy you bring to my life every single day.  There will never be enough time for me to watch you play or hold you close.  I savor each moment we share, and often I’m sad when I think of how fast the time is going by.  I don’t mean to sound so serious.  Just thinking of you makes me very happy.  I hope you will always know that wherever I am, you are not far from my mind.  As your mom, I have many different roles.  Work keeps me busy, and there are always projects to do around the house.  Despite this, being present in this time with you is what matters most to me.  There is truly nothing more important to me than stopping to play cars and blocks (Cooper), comb your doll’s hair (Sarah), or snuggle you close at bedtime.  These are the moments I live for.   I hold the whole world in my arms.  Never forget how much I love you.  Nothing you say or do will ever change that. You are enough for me just as you are.  Even when you are all grown up, I will always be here--loving you every day. 
Love,

Mom
 
Below is my Mother's Day insert for our Project Life album.  I used washi tape (I found these at Joann's and Michaels)  and a few embelishments from Studio Calico.  Super simple.  The photos in this post are selfies the kids and I took with my i-pad.  Sometimes you've got to be creative to get in the shot!  Hope you enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment