Feathers of My Nest

A celebration of every day beauty through my camera lens.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Letters to my children- May 2015

This is another installment in a series of blog posts focusing on writing letters to my children. I'm fortunate to be participating in this project along with a very talented group of women photographers who enjoy capturing the every day moments spent with our children through our camera lenses.  I hope you enjoy this post!  Follow around the circle to see more from the other members of the circle!






Cooper,

This month has been all about moving for you.  You can't get enough of riding your bike and scooter.  You and Daddy have been working on riding your bike without training wheels and you've really gotten it down.  The only thing holding you back is that you are nervous about being able to stop on your own.  It won't be long!  In the meantime, you've taken up a new love for your scooter.  It is so much fun watching you!  Your smile is just contagious when you go riding by.  On a recent trip to Target, just the two of us, you went gliding by on the grocery cart with the biggest grin on your face.  I have to admit that you had me laughing and having such a great time along with you!  I snapped this picture of you as you went by and it is easily one of my favorite shots of all time--it takes me right back to you and I laughing in the store together.  Oh, how you make me laugh :)  I never want to forget the sound of your giggles!  I'm so glad I get to be your mom! 

I love you!
Mom




My Sweet Sarah,

You grow more beautiful, inside and out, every single day.  I love your free spirit and determination.  I love that you know who you are and that you stand up for what you believe in.  You are kind and caring to everyone and everything around you.  Recently, the mom of one of the other girls in your class took me aside and told me something that made me so proud of you.  Earlier in the school year, you began telling me that you were worried about a boy in your class--he was having a hard time doing what the other kids were doing and several kids were picking on him.  We talked about it and I encouraged you to be extra kind and try to help him when you could.  But that was only the beginning for you.  God gave you an extra special heart, Sarah.  He's already using you to make a difference in this world.  You didn't just try to be kind to this boy, you became his friend.  You sat with him at lunch when no one else did.  Even when other kids made fun of you for it.  You defended him when others were picking on him, and you encouraged others to do the same.  So much so, that this mom wanted me to know that you had caused her daughter and others in the class to do the same through your example.  I'm in awe of your bravery. You are making a difference in the world. 

Love,
Mom

Don't forget to follow the circle around to see what Julie Harding Photography has to share!  Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. How old is your son? A few months ago my son learned to ride a 2 wheeler. Today I noticed he is going up curbs without stopping. He's also still learning how to work the brakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you have some very brave children! Your boy riding his bike. My 8 year old still doesn't know how to. LOL and Sarah's Letter made me smile. She's so young with a big heart. You are definitely raising your kids right! Great job Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Aimee! That Target photo is so great!! You have some of the cutest kiddos. And, wow- I'm so proud of sweet little Sarah too. Precious little girl, and it's so good to hear that there are other mamas out there trying to teach their kids to be kind to others. We SOOooo need more of that in this world. -Sarah Harrigan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some amazing kids there! I love the story of your little girl sticking up for this little kid. What a beautiful, beautiful heart! ♥

    ReplyDelete